The Breakout Growth Podcast
B2B Platform Growth: How 3D Hubs Connects Engineers to a Global Network of On-Demand Manufacturers
In this episode of The Breakout Growth Podcast, Sean Ellis interviews Ferdinand Goetzen, Director of Marketing and Growth at 3D Hubs, a B2B platform that connects engineers to a global network of on-demand manufacturers. 3D Hubs was founded in Amsterdam in 2013 and since that time the platform has helped engineers produce more than 4 million parts.
In the interview, Ferdinand shares his insights into what is driving 3D Hubs’ breakout growth. He covers a broad range of topics including:
- Why the $12 trillion manufacturing market was ripe for disruption
- How 3D Hubs offers an amazing aha moment when a new project can be priced in seconds compared to the weeks it takes via alternative solutions
- Ferdinand’s top priority tasks when he joined the team six months ago
- The process that 3D Hubs follows to accelerate growth
- How the 3D Hubs marketing and growth team fits into the broader organization
Ferdinand previously ran growth for Recruitee, one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS businesses in Europe. He shares some of the key differences between growing that business and 3D Hubs. He also compares some unique challenges of growing a B2B vs a B2C company and what it typically takes to be successful.
See detailed growth studies on companies interviewed for the Breakout Growth Podcast at: https://growthhackers.com/growth-studies
Learn more about Ferdinand Goetzen at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ferdinandgoetzen/
Learn more about 3D Hubs at www.3dhubs.com
Learn more about Sean Ellis at www.seanellis.me
Brought to you by Sean Ellis of The Breakout Growth Podcast